View Single Post
Old 05-14-2017, 04:17 PM   #1
04ls1gto

Project Money green

Guess its about time I start a build thread for my 71 C10 suburban. I have been looking for one to make a family cruiser for about three years or so. This one finally turned up on craigslist right in RI. Ended up buying it and its got a 350 2brl with a 3 on the tree. Mostly original truck with a "fresh" paint job.

I started by rebuilding driveshaft and that's where I started to find all the rust hidden by previous owner. There was about 10 rust holes in main floor, all the cross members where rotted and there's a decent amount of bondo in the body.

Here is my rust repair thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=724682

Since finishing the majority of the rust repair i the floor I switched to upgrading the brakes and suspension. Ordered a 4 wheel big brake kit and 4/5 lowering kit from CPP. Also a set of 20"x8.5" Boss 338 with grey centers. I currently have the rear c notch, springs, shocks, brakes done. Also replaced all the rotted cross members and built a new marine grade plywood floor. Front suspension parts are painted and new ball joints, cross shafts, idler and pitman arms ready to install. Hoping to get it back on all four and install interior that i picked up out of a 05 escalade before my birthday at the end of the month
04ls1gto is offline   Reply With Quote