View Single Post
Old 11-30-2016, 04:25 PM   #20
NC_John

Re: My LQ4/T56 build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckLee View Post
Anyone want to recommend their budget-minded power add-on recipe for my LQ4? I may end up going turbo after I get bored with NA setup, but for now what do you think?
I was thinking going with a BTR stage 2 truck cam (212/218 .553/.553 113+2) for low end torque and some LS6 .560 beehive springs.
Are there any important reliability mods that the LQ4 needs while I'm in there?

The engine is out.......this is the time to do this stuff.
I'm in the same stage as you are and bear in mind, my build is starting to spiral rapidly to a completely different level than what I was starting with....

Keeping my bottom end (short block) stock and left alone (for the moment). Changing the oil pump and timing chain. Replacing all seals and gaskets throughout engine. Will get the double bolt clamp on the oil pickup tube.

I have a set of 243 heads that are freshened up but are probably now getting cnc ported and polished with oversize valves. I just got my tick cam kit with a 227/235 .618/.605 cam and BTR springs, valve retainers etc (will probably upgrade some of that to titanium before the heads are assembled). Replacing the lifters with a set of morel lifters and a set of new trays. New pushrods of course...

I'm going to upgrade the rocker arm trunnions with the Straub kit.

I bought an '11 LC9 intake for the bigger runners, bigger tb and bigger dual fuel injectors.

That should cover most of the standard upgrades (at least up top). I think there were a few more things on the list but can't recall offhand.

It'll be ready for a 408 kit later and should be plenty of fun for now.

Instagram (current build pictures) 70_nc_c10
NC_John is offline   Reply With Quote