View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 05:44 PM   #23
Bruce88

Re: It’s Just A Pickup

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERASER5 View Post
I love the Lokar shifter and switch setup. Thanks for the pic of the setup.

I have thinking (that usually a bad thing), Could a Lokar column shift linkage be also bolted to the trans shift arm? Remove the detent parts from the column so the original PRNDLL indicator (with a Lokar PRNODL installed) will move with the stick?

The early 70's Dodges with floor shifters did something like this.

Also, I would like to see the speedo gear calibration pics.
ERASER5 Interesting concept to think about for a innovation. I like to think about ideas like this. I think it could be possible but you would have to make a custom trans lever that extends up and down from the centerline of the trans shifter shaft. One end of the lever (top end) attached to the shifter rod and the other end (bottom end) attached to a rod running up to the column lever. Figuring out what angle the lower portion of the lever would be made to and hole location I don’t know but if figured out it would move the indicator on the column and then possibly you could use the backup light switch and the park/neutral start switch on the column. Then you could take a peace of Plexiglas and make an indicator glass with the new shift positions on it. This is all based on using the lokar shifter that I’m using.

There is another Lokar shifter that could be used the Cable Operated Automatic Transmission Shifter where the trans arm extends down and you would probably still have to make a custom trans lever. This shifter gives you more shifter location option since its floor mounted.

If all else fails there’s always the Lokar shifter position indicator light systems that can be used.

Keep up the thinking about how to accomplish what you want to and throwing out ideas. This is how the innovations in the custom/hotrod vehicles came about finding ways of doing things that nobody has thought about or didn’t let any body know about.

Hope this helps you put your plans together for your ride.

As for the how to calibrate the speedometer with a 700R4 with picture I will post it in a few weeks in the FAQ section of this forum. Thank you for asking just wanted to make sure others would be interested.