View Single Post
Old 06-30-2022, 03:19 PM   #18
kev2809
low n' slo

Re: NOT so EZ wiring

found out that blank yellow wire that i taped up that goes to the rear is the fuel pump wire, which i figured. my fuel pump wire is wired into my ls harness, so i will use that one instead.

got the head light switch pinned and installed. hope it works right lol. below are a few pics of how its pinned. that white wire wasnt in my harness...but i ran it up to the white wire in the dome plug for the ground. my harness dome wire is also white, but its labeled dome light. i ran that one to the orange wire in the dome plug harness. also swapped the parking light wire like the video above explains, that way my parking lights stay on with the headlights.

so moving on the wiper switch. this one is odd. so, in the ez wire harness, it has one blue wire labeled "wiper". this should be the 12 volt feed, but hooking it up is confusing. in my original harness, the plug that plugs into the wiper switch on the dash has 3 wires. following the harness down some i run into 2 different plugs that go to the wiper pump. i read a little on the stock wiring and seen most of these wires were ground, and the only power wire was the original yellow (which in the new harness, will be blue). i also know the switch itself is the ground, meaning no ground wires. i would like to just wire up the wipers to work. dont really care about high/low speed, or washer pump. i never intend to drive it during bad weather anyways. so, could i just run this blue wiper wire to the location where the original yellow wire went on the wiper motor, add a 2nd wire in this pin, and run it back to the power location on the wiper switch plug?
Attached Images

-_--_--_ _________
_--_-_ -/____|__|__\__
,.,,,.,.,,.,|_O _______ O_]
kev2809 is offline   Reply With Quote