View Single Post
Old 08-27-2020, 03:20 PM   #47
LT7A

Re: 71 C10 LB: Code Name Sloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rechinca View Post
Thinking here (dangerous I know) but has anyone used a bronze bushing in here to help prevent wear? I know I may have to drill out the bell crank to give room for the bushing but since it’s all apart it would be a simple fix now.
My two cents is that I would be disinclined to put a softer metal at a wear point like that. True, you can swap out the bushing but it seems that it might wear fairly quickly there. The original hole held up pretty well for 50 years, considering.

Also, I wanted to say that I appreciate a welder who will charge $15 for a small job like that, knowing that he could get 35 pretty easily, and probably even 45, without losing too many customers. Probably only takes him five or six minutes, but still...

Sorry about the multiple posts, but there were a number of things here that I thought it worth commenting on. Hopefully you will have this neat ride up and running soon and can enjoy it. And use it to haul parts for the Trans Am. I'd like to see pictures of that too as I am a bit partial to those myself.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote