View Single Post
Old 01-19-2023, 10:57 AM   #861
88Stanger

Re: Starting 1966 Factory Short Bed Build, Bagged, 383 Stroker and Muncie M20 4-Speed

Well I have some updates to post here tomorrow. Got the fenders finally mounted mostly, look great, had some alterations needed but all good now. With that said, the damn radiator... what a pain... lol not really but when you go from stock smaller in all dimensions to much bigger, aluminum 3 row .. the stock lower mounts will not work. So I just bent up my own, got them looking good just need to be powder coated and then rubber attached. With that said, I am working on getting the radiator top mount in from LMC and then start the power steering / Hydro-boost line routing and power steering pump reservoir mount figured out.

BUT in the mean time I got a new "toy" to play with, a 1940 Chevy Master 85 Coupe that is about as far from stock as possible (fits me... lol) It is on a full tube chassis, 383 stroker, turbo 400 manual valve body, narrowed for 9", ladder bars, wheelie bars and rear tires that are just crazy wide = 31"tall x 18.5" wide x 15"! Tires are Bias ply with tubes and NOT cheap!! LOL anyways, I will post pics here tomorrow.
My plan is to just get it up and running good to take to shows and continue on the "66. I just do not want to rush the "66 to finish... that never turns out well.
John 3:16 - Saved me... God Bless
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote