View Single Post
Old 05-19-2016, 11:47 PM   #22
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

Re: Help!!! Lost my direction on my K20!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
well, I like the truck. This is gonna sound a bit like being a naysayer - however, if you only have $500 in it - I would sell (worst case is you lose $500 - but I bet you could part it for more than that - or sell it for $800) and buy a different truck for $6k. There are MANY out there on craigslist (some on ebay). Have been eyeing 3 different C20 Custom Campers - some longhorns, all for under $6k and in much, much better condition. If you don't know where to start, and the cab corners seem like more than you want to tackle yourself - you will not stay under a $6K budget. Bodywork alone will eat that up. Before you sink more $, sell, even if for parts - and start over. I HATE to give this kind of advice - but given that you only have $500 in it, and you are limiting yourself to around $6K, I'd punt. If you want to take it slooooowwwww and learn all the stuff as you go - well, that's a different story. But it will take a good while. Sounds like you want to drive it - if that is the case, I'd get a driver. Sorry - felt like it was worth telling you you're not abandoning anything here - those cab corners are wicked, and I don't want to know how far along the back the filler crack goes... Anyway, there you go, my 2 cents, which isn't worth a penny. Don't sweat it, you'll either learn a ton on this one or start with a better example and be happy you did.
I agree with jocko 100%. This seems more like a parts truck to me. There are still some deals to be had out there with a truck in way better condition to start fresh.

Gary

My 1972 GMC 1500 Super Custom (Creeping Death) "long term" build thread.

The Rebuild of Creeping Death after the wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I would never rebuild a 305.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I love using vacuum gauges as part of the carb tuning process. I hook the gauge to the inside of my garbage can and leave it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Remember Murphys 2nd law of mechanical relationships... "OPPOSING COMPONENTS ATTEMPTING TO OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE, AT THE SAME TIME, GENERALLY END UP OCCUPYING ADJOINING SPACE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL PAN"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
Its cheaper to listen to advice given when you ask for help than it is to ignore everyone and wait for carnage.
GASoline71 is offline   Reply With Quote