View Single Post
Old 01-27-2022, 12:08 PM   #1
Slowguy

tough time getting a base tune

So the engine has been in the truck for a while now. I started it a couple of times and it will run but you must feather the throttle body to keep it running. It smokes like crazy but doesn't smell like oil, smells more like how a 2 cycle snowmobile would.

The engine has been completely torn down and redone. Stock LQ4 318 heads work to include, pac springs, ls3 lifters, lapped valves, new valve seals.

Engine work, bead hone cylinders, new rings gapped for boost, new main and cam bearings, new elgin e-1839-p cam, block spotless, high pressure oil pump, cam chain tensioner, siemens deka 80lb injectors, cable throttle body, arp head bolts, main bolts, flex plate bolts. Custom log manifold with stock truck intake and 78/75 vs racing turbo. 340 LPH fuel pump in-tank.

I really hope it's not oil. I called local tuning shops and no one wants to mess with it. If I'd had known when I started, I would have opted for a Holley terminator system but I already paid to have the stock wire harness reworked and the base tune put on the pcm.

I just purchased HP tuners so I can do something with this myself or possibly get someone to remote tune it. All my other car builds (all Audi) have been remoted tuned so I'm no unfamiliar with the process; just never used HP tuners or worked with the chevy PCM.

Does anyone have any recommendations whatsoever? I just want to get this thing idling on its own and possible driving normally down the street so I can finish up all the mechanicals stuff. I assumed since I follow a "sloppy mechanics" baseline it would be cake to get a tune since there is so much of it out there.
Slowguy is offline   Reply With Quote