View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 08:01 PM   #31
Blazester

Re: Hard tonneau cover for Blazer?

jkade requested some more pics showing the front "filler" section that cradles the seat backs and the fabricated "bulk head" that supports the weight of the lid when it is open. I still need to fine-tune the appearance better of the "load bars" that I used. 95 % of the time they don't show , so I "went on to the next project" , and left them unfinished
When Gaylords shortened the stock pick-up lid to my specs it left about 18" or so of the leading edge for me to use, to fill the space I left open for the mini-softtop. Its VERY IMPORTANT if anybody choses to go with Gaylords to have them save this for you !!! They normally recycle this and it doesn't ship with the modified lid.
That leading edge comes with a finished-off "turned-down" lip , which is nice......but the majority of it gets trimmed off to make a cut-out area for the seatbacks.
Gaylords also strenghtened the filler-piece from underneath but I didn't give them detailed enough information and I ended-up NOT USING "that" section as it was trimmed down to aprx. 10".
I hope this info helps to answer most of you questions.......
Blazester Dave
Attached Images

Blazester is offline   Reply With Quote