View Single Post
Old 05-12-2021, 05:45 AM   #781
BC Toy chest

Re: My Pro Street '56 GMC Pick'em Up

WOW Nice to see all the kool rides that have popped up since I've been away. No disrespect to the '47 -59 crowd but man the 67-72 C-10 folks have got some serious projects going on....Man!

As i said a couple of years ago when i last posted, I didn't give up on my truck. Still working on it, but life happens, there have been more than a few family issues & dealing with moms and her dementia full time care an other stuff. Now I have her in a nursing home and she's doing ok considering her condition. Still dealing with some tough issues with family matters that are out of my control but trying to be supportive and by God's grace and help get through that too. The projects are actually very therapeutic. When I am able to go to my garage and go to the machine shop and chase down parts all over SoCal even during the covid crisis it helps me get my head straight and not to dwell on things I can't fix and keeps me from attending my own self pity party.

So I will probably if time allows Lord willing over the next week or two or three be uploading 47-59 Chevy/GMC project photos including my own and other projects I got going. I'm a big boy don't hesitate to sound off if u see something I did that maybe I could have done better or I did not explain something well. I aint gonna lie I got my ideas from friends and other folks rides here on 67-72 and else where. I have very few original ideas

I will start off where I left off with my good friend Donnie's '57 long bed, step side big window project, now a short bed.

I think you will really like some of the rides and projects I found some of this stuff is WILD! For some of you out there maybe this will encourage you to push your skill level a few notches up. Sometimes farming out stuff we want done can knock the wind out of our sails. That's what the Snap-On truck and Harbor Freight is for ladies and gentlemen. YOU CAN DO IT !

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=432758
BC Toy chest is offline   Reply With Quote