View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 05:43 PM   #12
Russell Ashley

Re: Project "Sweet 16"

Skyman, doing a restoration project with a teenage son is a huge mistake. I made that mistake when my son was fifteen. I bought him a 69 Road Runner that was a theft recovery and we restored it together, finished it just when he got his license. He loved that car, but I turned my own son into a complete CAR GUY!!! He's even been accused of being a MOTOR HEAD.. Now he's as miserable as the rest of us, always working on some restoration, always wanting something else just as we finish our current project, always needing just a little more money than we have. It never ends. Now he owns a body shop and has a 69 GTO, a 70 Camaro, and a 72 TransAm under construction, and a 68 GTO convertible waiting to be restored. It's a sickness being a car guy, see what you are setting your son up for, LOL

Only kiddig of course. Restoring that 69 Road Runner was a great time for him and me and he still talks about it. My youngest son was a Moto-Cross racer and wanted a truck so he and I restored a 69 Chevy C/10 together. Those were good times.

You will enjoy the time together. Good luck with the restoration, It's too bad that more young boys don't have an opportunity like that.
Russell Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote