View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 12:42 AM   #30
lowbrow454

Re: Blazer Chalet #0661

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomad75 View Post
Great progress for sure. Bummer on the hidden fun under that shiny paint, but it's getting fixed so all will be well.

I'm curious what the end game will be. I know you and the wife want to use it for camping. Is that going to be full on using it off road to get to back country spots, or some milder forest roads and the like?

Any plans of beefing up suspension/axles for durability and strength? Not saying going nuts for a D60/14bff combo, but 3/4ton axles at least. I think a 14bff would be indestructible under your setup and just adding 8 lug hubs to match on the D44 up front.

Good work again.
So the end game is probably a little more on the mild side but still want to get into some back country spots. Nothing too out of control where it will get torn up but definitely off the beaten path. We also would like to do some road trips in it and some car shows. Nothing fancy or trying to win anything, just fun to show off. It's different and loud with the orange so it should be fun. When we first got it right before we started tearing it apart we went to a small local show. My wife and mom set up the inside, she had lots of fun with that and wanted to do more stuff like that.

The 3/4 axles we have talked about. It's on the list for the future but probably will be down the road. You're right it would be a really good setup.

Here's some pics from the show.
Attached Images

'77 K5 Blazer Chalet #0661 Build thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=776072
'79 K10 Bonanza
lowbrow454 is offline   Reply With Quote