View Single Post
Old 12-15-2021, 08:47 AM   #12
BrentBTK

Re: Project Ssybil Begins

I've spent the last 2 afternoons installing new CPP tubular upper and lower control arms, 2.5" drop spindles, 1.5" drop springs, shocks, tie rods, pitman and idler arms. I'm almost there, then it will be time to start on the rear. Yesterday was an exercise in frustration. As my wife was going out of town, I knew I'd be without a vehicle for the next 3 days, so off I went to the auto parts store for the odds and ends. Specifically, new rotors, pads, bearings, and front shocks as the ones I ordered are on backorder. I get there, and the fella behind the counter informs me that the new rotor is a complete hub assembly, bearings already in. Sweet. No front shocks in stock, not sweet. I take the rotors and pads home and go online to order the front shocks from their website for same day delivery. Sweet. I finally get to the point of installing the new rotor on the new spindle, and what do ya know? NO BEARINGS!!!!! BAH!!! About this time the shocks I ordered show up. They are rear shocks. BAH!!! Now I'm stuck with no vehicle, no bearings, and no front shocks. It's just one of those days. I managed to get most of the steering made up and the control arms mounted on both sides. Today I have a friend picking me up to take me back to the parts store. With a little bit of luck, SSybil will be back on the ground tonight. A few progress pics below.
Attached Images

BrentBTK is offline   Reply With Quote