Thread: 1972 SWB Build
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 04:38 PM   #252
beaterku

Re: 1972 SWB Build

I've been driving it for the last couple weeks when the heat is not too oppressive. Still have a few kinks to work out. My brakes stop the truck, but lack the power to really stop it to the full extent the Wilwood's should. I am only pulling about 14.6" of vacuum. I have power bled the brakes, manually bled and swapped boosters to see if I can get any improvement. I talked with Wilwood and they said I should go to full manual or hydroboost. I am leaning towards the hydroboost. I've been digging in to them and doing some research. Simple setup, just not cheap. We shall see. Maybe a project for the winter.

I've also got a weird blip in the idle when first starting it up. It idles up to 1700 for a split second and then drops in to it's normal startup routine. It acts like there is a slight vacuum leak. I need to dig in to it and check for leaks. Hopefully something simple.

Other than that, just trying to put some miles on it. Went to a car show on Saturday night. Didn't win anything, but had a line of people asking about all aspects of the truck. That was pretty cool.
Attached Images

beaterku is offline   Reply With Quote