View Single Post
Old 02-07-2021, 05:49 PM   #1
Gigem

Yet another window seal, fuzzy, belltline, etc. thread

I have searched and ready plenty of threads on this topic, but I still don't have a decision on the best solution here.

I have removed the inner and outer window seals on my 72 GMC, and want to replace with something new.

I honestly don't care if they aren't 100% waterproof "squeegee" action, as this is a fair weather only truck. I just want them to fit right, look decent and help keep the window from rattling around.

Everyone complains about the ones from LMC, which I gather are made by Precision. A set of these (two inners and outers) costs $30 so I am not surprised that they suck.

I saw a thread where a guy used some that were glued on. He says they have held up but I don't like the idea of gluing them on and they didn't look anything like original to me. Glue was the biggest concern. These were like $50 and were just outers. I guess you use the Precision inners...

I have had decent luck with Steele stuff, and they show a set of these (oddly they only show for a Chevy, not a GMC) for the princely sum of $100.

https://www.steelerubber.com/window-...rip-80-0060-57

Has anyone used these Steele ones?

I really don't want to spend $100 here, but I guess I will if they are really good.

Thanks.
1972 Chevelle SS Convertible (gone)
1973 Chevy Corvette (gone)
1967 Chevy Camaro (STOLEN!)
Gigem is offline   Reply With Quote