View Single Post
Old 02-07-2021, 09:11 PM   #2
03BlkZ

Re: Yet another window seal, fuzzy, belltline, etc. thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigem View Post
I have searched and ready plenty of threads on this topic, but I still don't have a decision on the best solution here.

I have removed the inner and outer window seals on my 72 GMC, and want to replace with something new.

I honestly don't care if they aren't 100% waterproof "squeegee" action, as this is a fair weather only truck. I just want them to fit right, look decent and help keep the window from rattling around.

Everyone complains about the ones from LMC, which I gather are made by Precision. A set of these (two inners and outers) costs $30 so I am not surprised that they suck.

I saw a thread where a guy used some that were glued on. He says they have held up but I don't like the idea of gluing them on and they didn't look anything like original to me. Glue was the biggest concern. These were like $50 and were just outers. I guess you use the Precision inners...

I have had decent luck with Steele stuff, and they show a set of these (oddly they only show for a Chevy, not a GMC) for the princely sum of $100.

https://www.steelerubber.com/window-...rip-80-0060-57

Has anyone used these Steele ones?

I really don't want to spend $100 here, but I guess I will if they are really good.

Thanks.
I ordered some from Steele rubber about a month ago and still have not received them. I actually called on Friday and the said they will reach out to the vendor and have an answer Monday. Steele has been good so far on other things. I made a poor judgment call and ordered som seals and other rubber things from LMC and they were terrible. The door seals would not even allow me to close the doors. They were way too big and too stiff. Steele seals were perfect so that's why I went back to them for the window felt.
03BlkZ is offline   Reply With Quote