View Single Post
Old 12-22-2013, 04:50 PM   #19
SCHRUMGMC

Re: Project "Schrum" 1959 Gmc 100

Orrie,I put all of the old bolts in a Cup filled with Pepsi and sure enough it ate the rust away from the metal BUT, however I don't know exactly where these Bolts go.and also Orrie, Can you show me how the Parking Brake Cable is supposed to go in the bracket on the frame?, I think I left the PB up and it knocked it out of place because the cable isn't cut or broken but more like its out of place.The Bed fenders need new bolts and with that I am going to try and get the stainless steel bolts to pretty the trucks bed up..I've mad a decision on the First by and thats going to be a "Front Bed panel" for the bed because thats all I'll need to complete the bed, I will probably need new Bed Steps but I'll just see what a Welder can do with it.The Tailgate seems to be savable it has almost a micro rust hole on the bottom right side "hoping" it will be savable because that will save me some money.Looking at all thats needing to be done to this truck really makes me scratch my head on how all of this is going to be completed.There are little dimples on the inner bed panel and I am not sure how you would fix that (no I am not looking to buy new ones) I'd like to save these because in my opinion these are savable.I think I'm going to just put a seat cover over the trucks Seat instead of having it re-done