View Single Post
Old 08-30-2016, 05:54 PM   #24
CATMdude45

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

Interesting...... my gauges on my 52 are opposite, don't know if the PO messed it up.....what side is the speedo suppose to be on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiraclePieCo View Post
Finally took the truck for a test drive after all the stuff I've fixed lately. It all worked better than I'd hoped!

Door weatherstripping: The Frost King self-adhesive weatherstrip significantly reduced wind noise and door rattles, while still allowing the doors to shut more easily than they ever have. Success!

Gas gauge: What a relief to have a working gas gauge! New sender, new gauge, finally I was able to get it functioning by removing a weird inline resistor wire on the hot wire. Success!

Freeway overheating. I suspected that my fan shroud was actually restricting airflow at highway speed. I removed it and sure enough, I can now go over 6% mountain passes at 100* outside temperature and the gauge climbs only to about 190. After that my new bigass Spal fan takes over. Success!

Details of all the above can be found in previous installments of this thread. Here's a pic of what I got to enjoy today, a working gas gauge and a centered temp gauge (please pardon the '54 gauges in a '50 dash). And just listen to how quiet it is ;-)
CATMdude45 is offline   Reply With Quote