View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 12:20 AM   #25
'68OrangeSunshine

Re: I'm legit again, my "new" '68 LB

When I used to run it in Southern California, I'd try to park on a hill where I could popstart the clutch after coasting downhill. Yeah, they were problematic in the electrical dept. Mine had a Blaupunkt AM/FM/SW radio. Mono, but sounded great anyway. No pushbuttons, though, you had to know where your stations were on the dial. The dshboard was painted a flat black. After some of the OEM paint wore off, I noticed it was a nice hardwood. So I unscrewed it and sanded the dash board down and oiled it. It took on a beautiful walnut sheen. The black vinyl pad on the steering wheel cracked, and I pulled that off, saved the MB star from the middle and remounted it using some reddish suede doeskin.
I also had a 10 channel CB rig over the hump and a big spring-loaded whip antenna mounted on the rear bumper.
There's a Tanque Verde Wash [and Road] in Tucson. Funny how a lot of places in the Southwest look similar. That skyline looked a lot like the backside of the Santa Catalina range.
Agreed, the coincidence factor is uncanny. Also, I can tell you're a gentleman with exceedingly fine taste in vehicles.

Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292, whether it needs it or not.
'68OrangeSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote