View Single Post
Old 09-19-2020, 01:14 PM   #1
Justin71105

1964 C10 fleet side swb

Bought my truck Dec 26 2019, been slowly working towards getting it ready for a powertrain.

I got it with lots of rust, missing most of the interior and a motor with a cracked block.

Have since replaced/patches all the rust save for drivers door bottom and the hood around turn signal. I am a novice welder and not at all a body repair man so my welds/bodywork dont look good....but happy to not have holes in the floors and roof anymore.

Converted to power disc front brakes and rebuilt rears. All new brake lines front to rear, 2.5" drop spindles and 5" rear drop coils, will likely put in 2" front coils as well. Swapped front steering/suspension for the 73-87 C10s all new parts including a power steering gearbox using Captanfabs bracket.

Going next week to get a 5.3L LM7 engine for it and will be working on that this fall, as well as fuel system, cooling system, body wiring harness install (have a new one) since my truck had no harness/fuse box in it.

Here is the link to my google photos album for my truck, already had almost 300 pictures before I was able to post here.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SbquYtDFiPTw88X48

Last edited by Justin71105; 09-19-2020 at 02:09 PM.
Justin71105 is offline   Reply With Quote