View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 11:02 AM   #32
MDPotter

Re: '69 C10 - Black on Black

Of course, with the wedding coming up I've been working on various projects here and there. I'm building an arch and it's pretty simple - just 4x4's and 2x4's stained and will put it together at the venue instead of trying to haul it assembled.

Name:  IMG_8573[1].jpg
Views: 1218
Size:  58.2 KB

Another project that I'm eager to work on is the 93 C1500 we picked up a few months ago. It's in such good shape; trucks like this are hard to find. It's an old forest service truck and the previous owner lowered it and put on a 94+ grille and polished the paint. The steering column had various issues - the main issue being that the ignition was worn out or broken and so the rod that connects the ignition to the switch down lower on the column was disconnected from the ignition so in order to start it you basically just had to push the rod downwards and hence it's kind of a pain and also not secure. So I picked up a tilt/shift column from a junkyard and we got it swapped out in about an hour which was pretty fast. This truck is going to mostly sit around waiting to be torn into, but it was a good deal and a body style my dad wants and we will get into it next year.

Name:  IMG_8227[1].jpg
Views: 1212
Size:  30.3 KB
Name:  IMG_8193[1].jpg
Views: 1164
Size:  46.9 KB

I figured while I was off topic I thought I would share a couple pictures from my bachelor party a few weeks ago. We went over to Denver and did a few things, but the highlight was the exotic car drive we went on. Back when I lived in Denver I did a couple drives with a different company, but this place was a notch above. I signed up for a Lamborghini Gallardo and showed up and they upgraded me at no charge to the Huracan Spyder and my best man took the AMG GTC Roadster. If you haven't been in one of these cars, I highly recommend it. The moment you get in the car, you can feel all the hours of R&D and the quality level and understand why these cars cost so much. The Lambo is loud and the interior is like sitting in a cockpit, whereas the AMG is quiet and feels more like a luxury sedan. The experience was awesome - you don't have a copilot, but there is a pilot car. The road we took is just out of Golden into the mountains so lots of turns and a few straightaways. These cars are high-end pieces of automotive art, but they are machines and can break down though. I thought there was something off with the way the Lambo was shifting and brought it to the owner's attention when we stopped to trade cars halfway, but he wasn't concerned. Well my best man got in it with me behind him in the AMG and blew a transmission line on a straightaway. I got on the radio right away and there just happened to be a pullover area and there was a trail of fluid on the road and some smoke. The cameraman stayed with the car while myself and my best man got into the AMG and followed the owner back to the shop so he could call a tow truck. The owner was in a Mercedes crossover SUV and I could not keep up with him back to the shop. It was quite the experience and a ton of fun, and my buddy can say that he broke a Lambo. All said and done, they are letting us reschedule for another day which was really cool of them. Highly recommend Oxotic in Golden.

Name:  IMG_9148[1].jpg
Views: 1235
Size:  60.3 KB
Name:  IMG_9154[1].jpg
Views: 1157
Size:  117.1 KB
1978 Chevy Scottsdale K20
1993 Chevy C1500 - 5.3/T56 swapped
2008 Silverado Duramax
MDPotter is offline   Reply With Quote