View Single Post
Old 01-05-2021, 11:28 AM   #64
WunTon

Re: WunTon's 63' BBW/SWB Fleetside build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Stanger View Post
Ya, SkinnyG's cover panel is great! Maybe go with something like that. I too am bagging mine but I really want to display the tank, so it is going in the bed of the truck with the two pumps. But i like your idea for the mount! Great idea.
I thought about bed mounting the tank and compressors but I will be using the truck for my business so it will be hauling a lot of wood so bed space is a must for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyG View Post
I appreciate the kind words.

The brainstorming sketch is here: https://www.gwellwood.com/wordpress/...ng-672x477.png

But what I really intended, was made a horizontal cover to hide the gap as seem from directly above. The space between the back of the bed, and the inner edge of the bumper.

I may put a 3-gallon air tank over the frame rails at the front of the bed, but the driveshaft is too high aired out to fit a big tank, and I'll have 4" exhaust from the turbo coming out the passenger side.

Alternatively, I may tuck two 3-gallon tanks inside the rear stepside fenders. I mean, that space isn't being used for anything as it is.
I really appreciate the drawing but the 2" space uses are really what seal the deal for me lol!!

I haven't done much the last few days other than drill a couple holes in the crossmember I built for the air tank with the new Norseman drill bits I ordered and I have to say I am an idiot for not sacking up and spending the money for good bits sooner! No more box store chinesium drill bits for me.

I did get some good quality time in the garage with my 8 year old son over the weekend though. That time basically means no real progress but I am absolutely fine with that especially when I came home from work last night and he greets me at the top of the stairs and says "Daddy! are you ready to go work on the truck?" It's all he talks about doing now.

I put him to work grinding some rivets

After that he said he wanted to weld something on the truck so I gave him a piece of scrap "on the truck" and set him free with the welder!

His birthday is in a few weeks so I am getting him his own welding helmet and gloves along with some proper work clothes so he can really get into helping me out. To me these are the moments that make everything sh*tty in life better!
WunTon is offline   Reply With Quote