Thread: 47-59 show those engines
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 01:01 AM   #27
mick53

Re: show those engines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
Yikes! Sounds like cubic dollars going into this engine.

We're all going to want to see the assembled engine and of course the truck it goes into - especially if you put that much effort into the chassis and body & paint.
This is a once in a lifetime thing for me. I bought this truck in 1980 when I got out of the Navy in SoCal. Chassis will be boxed and braced. 8.50 cage. Wilwood 12.88 disk 6/4 Nickle plated calipers. Secondary remote drag radiator w/electric pump, Primary radiator w/mech pump and electric fan. Electric P/S. Electric A/C w/remote condenser. Electric vacuum pump (brakes}. Mcleod RXT duel disk clutch. Mcleod hydraulic Throw out bearing. I have 128 available gear ratios for my rear end with my current 4;11 R/P that I can change in 10 minutes from 2:34 to 8:56. Gleason Torson diff. Bicknell torque arm. Pan hard bar on leaf springs. Front axle custom high strength tube 4" drop by Superbell on leaf springs. Dakota HDX gauges. Body Firethorn Red Pearl, fenders will be black. Rear fenders will be widened 2". Not a big fan of tubbing. Better stop now already too long. Thank you for your time.

Last edited by mick53; 01-12-2021 at 01:08 AM.
mick53 is offline   Reply With Quote