View Single Post
Old 06-14-2021, 05:40 PM   #9
Dexterb

Re: Blue Two Tone 1990 Suburban Build

Not much progress the last few days as I have still been working.
Today is however my last day at work and then i'm off for a week so I should make some progress this next week.

Pulled the rear diff, the tried to unbolt the u-bolts but that wasn't happening, so took the zip cut to them.

I've never pulled axles in an differential with C-Clips before, it's crazy to think this is how they stay together. D60, 14 Bolt and 2.5 Rockwells is what I have experience with.
I'm curious to know if the axles won't fall out of the diff if a c-clip came out or axle broke once the rear disc brakes are installed... I would think the bracket the caliper bolts to on the axle housing will effectively keep the rotor in position thus not allowing the axle to leave the housing?

When I pulled the axles they looked to be in decent shape where the axle bearing/axle is but I think I will yank them out again to measure the OD of the axles and order up new bearings and seals.

Have a few packages in transit right now, but still waiting on all the big items, brakes, control arms etc, so this week off I will likely put the c-notch in, paint rear diff, pull the leaf springs and clean them up, pull the control/spindles, and just clean stuff up in preparation of parts.

When i was pulling the body mount out where the C-notch goes the sleeve inside the mount was completely rusted so I also ordered up some new polyurethane body mounts from Energy Suspension and just waiting on those to arrive as well.

Cheers,
Dexter
Dexterb is offline   Reply With Quote