View Single Post
Old 12-30-2021, 10:58 PM   #49
KFF 1

Re: 1950 Hudson Pacemaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse View Post
Again, some real progress being made. You should be ready for the trial run, break in cruise by late Spring at this rate, LOL. Stripping by razor blade I have heard of but never seen it done. How did that go? Wouldn't work for me, I don't own a razor blade, LOL. Haven't been clean shaven for a good number of years. Don't think my beard trimmer would have the same results.

Curious about the dents coming up from the INSIDE? That's odd to say the least. My '57 2dr had the usual dents in the roof and am thinking kids at a drive in movie in the fifties/sixties while Mom & Dad watched the movie from the front seat.

Will say you are an energetic fellow for sure. Love the progress your making!
The razor blade method works quite well in some cases. I used my razor blade gasket scraper but they do sell razor blade holders for stripping paint. In the pic of the fender after its stripped you can see the paint on the floor, it comes off in sheets (sometimes ) As far as the roof goes, the only explanation that we can come up with is that it looks like someone had there feet up in the roof either repairing or installing the headliner bc the dents go the length of the roof from front to back down the outside of both sides, the middle of the roof is perfect
Attached Images

KFF 1 is offline   Reply With Quote