View Single Post
Old 03-10-2024, 08:38 AM   #1513
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s English 2001 S10 Extra Cab 4.3 V6 Truck

Here’s a 7 plus day job update.

And I have only scratched the surface with this.

Too many photos of this lot but hey…… you can scroll faster ehh??

As mentioned before, a wise man once said that doing one thing every day is progress. Even if you just touched something that made you think about how you should proceed with it.

So the last 19 days, starting on 20 February I have been spending time in the garage sorting, clearing, cleaning, planning on how to take control of my life back.

As there is not much happening in the job market, partly because companies seem to wait for the end of financial year before they start spending money on new team builds etc. I know that when I am back in the daily slog and have limited time for hobbies etc. this job will be a nightmare to try achieve.
So getting my **** in order now while I have loads of time will make life easier.

Who remembers what they did at Christmas 2014 ?
That was 9 years ago.
The world was a different place back then.
Facebook remembers.
It also remembered that in March 2015 the Chevy was being torn down for a 6 month rebuild over summer.

So this was back then.

Of course a lot has changed since then.

Divorced
Made redundant
Travel and discovered America
Loads of car builds
Covid.
Distractions

Life goes on.

So I started by packing away and tidying the tools etc used in the Rezin Rockit build.
Changing layout and ditching stuff.
In order to make space I tried giving away some stuff.
Amazingly nobody wanted to collect anything from my house.

So I decided to put a price on stuff and suddenly up to 8 punters for a diesel space heater and yesterday 5 people wanted a £5.00 propane burner torch.

I still have way more crap than I need. 95% of my tools and junk are used but functional and not expensive but makes me happy.

The money I have made from the junk (some stuff is brand new and unused) is going into a savings kitty to possibly buy something stupid. We have to see how it unfolds.

Some of the stuff that’s gone is not represented in the pics.
But I have done a ton of preparation for when I get started with the 1966 C10 truck that has patiently waited for me.

I am still a long way from done with the tidy up, junk clearance and identification and sorting of the Chevy parts but it will happen.

One of the bigger jobs was to sort and arrange the parts that went with various builds and subjects.
Bodywork tools
Paint guns
Fillers
Paints
Rattle cans
Pneumatic tools
Electrical
Steering Wheels
And much more.

I cleared two cabinets to move a load of bodywork stuff into from inside the garage. This was two days work including regular daily stuff.

Bloody chilly at 4’C plus cutting winds.

Hard to see the changes.

Tools. Paints. Order. OCD?

One of the most daunting challenges facing me would be all the boxes of car parts etc on the shelving unit to the left of the cabinets.
During the clear out I also found 8 car and truck batteries. Two of which could be rescued. One went to John as a backup to an alarm system and the other was put on a trickle charger in my garage.
The rest went next door, along with all the wiring looms etc for Mickey to go weigh in for beer money at the scrapyard recycling plant.

And so far, excluding the stuff I have given away, sold or put on the sidewalk for recycling, I have junked about 12 double bagged 100 liter bin liners of junk for recycling.

By last night after John had done the Astro radio and sound system, this was where my tidying up was

Four more bags of heavy junk, plastic, wood, metal, three car radio/CD/tape players etc ready for next bin day.
The boxes all empty, waiting for me to arrange some of the C10 parts in there.

Not sure how much time all the junk inside the garage will take to process and sort out.
But it will get done.

Ultimately the C10 is waiting.

Yesterday it actually donated some audio plugs from what is left of its wiring loom to the Astro Van audio rescue that John was working on. @nickwheeler had come around for a coffee and a chat and moral support but was quickly roped into crawling into the C10 cab to rummage around under the dash, looking for these elusive parts that were not in my stash.
Many hands make light work and all that.

Battered and bruised but ready to be raised from the ashes.

I believe the truck will be back better than before.

Well.
With half the dy gone, I think I need to get my butt in gear and get down there and touch something.

Thanks for checking in.
Grizz1963 is online now   Reply With Quote