View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 09:59 PM   #14
rcsbls2

Re: My Friends 76 Silverado in my Paint Shop Jail

Ok, I have spent a couple hours reading how to upload pictures and related stuff!!

So my current project is figuring out the best way to deal with the inter wheel wells. The orginial ones are rusted in the area that are double layered in the back topside when viewed through the wheel opening. I showed this to owner and he decided to purchase replacement tubs from LMC. While looking them over they seem quite a bit lighter and probably only repop quality. I have been working on inside of front fenders by welding up access holes and want to smooth insides. So again talked with owner about what he wants to do with jack and related parts that store on top of passenger side wheel well. He decided not to carry, at least in that location. So now I don't like the metal stampings that are created to locate jack and stuff. Would it be advisable to try and eliminate these stamping on top of wheel well? I could try and shrink the stamped areas or cut them out and weld in metal but don't have equipment to form compound bends it will need. Reading Alan's Classic Forum/ build Project Vitamin C-10 where he talked of someone who could remove the stamped letters in a tailgate so well that one could not tell letters were ever there.
Name:  2014-11-03 11.19.59.jpg
Views: 1049
Size:  39.1 KB

Next question would be try to patch up originals or use replacements? Does anyone have experience with both originals and repops? What would you suggest I use? I think I can remove the spot weld that hold a panel has 2 bolts goes into lip of fender and the third I believe into the firewall. Then patch light sheet metal of wheel tub and replace reinforcement panel. Will get picture of rusted area posted.
Name:  2014-11-03 11.21.51.jpg
Views: 1112
Size:  16.3 KB
Name:  2014-11-03 11.21.10.jpg
Views: 1159
Size:  36.3 KB
rcsbls2 is offline   Reply With Quote