View Single Post
Old 10-11-2023, 08:10 PM   #26
D.B

Re: Made my first pass down the strip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by litebulblsc View Post
Made it to the track today.

I knew I was going to run into traction issues now that I am making a little power.

First pass I blew the tires off. Nothing there. I did not bring a pressure guage and I had no idea where they were at. Borrowed a guage from a fellow tester and holey moley, they were at 37 psi. I dropped them down to 20 psi and got back in the lanes.

Second pass, I noticed in the burnout box the pressure drop was going to help. Leaves good, throw the shifter into second but it does not shift. I bump the shifter again just as it shifts into second and it goes into 3rd. I messed with the settings a bit in the Holley, but I am going to have to learn how to tune the transmission control. Got back in the lanes.

3rd pass. It left alright, shifted 2nd still a little late but not horrible. This time it did not want to shift 3rd and I ended up in 4th so I lifted and rolled to a 11.501 at 101 mph. This is now my pb. Messed with the setting in the Holley again to try and get the shifts doing better. Got back in the lanes.

4th pass, I can't even fully remember what happened. I think it spun a few feet out, so I short shifted to second and then loss power. I thought the engine died, but it was still running. I get to the side still rolling- don't see anthing leaking on the track so through it back in first. It would only go 12 mph. Make it to the end of the track and stop in the return lane. I saw my alternator was not charging and thought maybe I lost both belts and that was all the air the engine could pull through the supercharger.

Popped the hood and only the alternator belt was missing. Did not see any other issues. Fire it up and it seems normal again. Decided to drive it home without the alternator. This is where I screwed up. Made it out of the track and started down the road. And bam. My new hood was inside the truck with me. In the fluster of deciding to drive it home as is, I did not check that my hood latched. So I ended up driving it home with a super busted windsheild and no alternator belt. Made it home, about a 1/2 hour away, at 11.6 volts.
Now that sucks. Not only are you having to fix the alternator, but you have to fix the windshield. Sorry to hear this after getting to make a few passes down the track.
D.B is offline   Reply With Quote