View Single Post
Old 10-02-2023, 02:02 PM   #70
Just-in-credible

Re: 1960 Apache K10 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyG View Post
That is a very impressive fit!
I just had to unbolt some of the ABS components from off the drivers frame rail, and it fit right on.

And speaking of brakes...Can you help me understand some of the brake system?

I want to use as much of the factory hardware as possible. I am pretty sure I have the hydroboost braking system and associated lines all figured out.

Getting it all mocked up, I realized I have to ditch the ABS if a want it to all fit properly. Which really isn’t a huge deal. However, this is where I am a bit confused. I watched your video on proportioning valves, and I am wondering if I can get away with using what I've got as far as factory components to re make the brake system.

It seems simple enough. I keep the lines from the master down to the proportioning valve. Two lines come out of the master and into the proportioning valve.

But here is where I am a bit confused.

There are three lines that come out of the proportioning valve. I am thinking two are for front and rear feeds to the ABS system. But what is the third port for? I need help understanding how to route this. As long as this rear port is not needed, I should be able to simply plug that rear port, and I should be good to go. Unless I need that third line for some reason, and this proportioning valve will not function without ABS?

In my mind, the factory proportioning valve should work well because I did not make MAJOR changes. Brake size and everything else will be the same, there will just be a bit less weight on the rear of the truck than the factory. But in my mind, I think I will have shed weight relatively evenly across the entire vehicle, so it shouldn’t change too much.

And is it true that the rear port on the master is for the front brakes and the front port is for the rear brakes?
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=824325
Just-in-credible is offline   Reply With Quote