View Single Post
Old 03-21-2016, 07:11 AM   #174
NastyBuzzard

Re: Let's Build A 1 Ton Crew Cab 4x4

I am kind of shocked how clean this thing is coming apart for me to check it out.

These gaskets look nearly brand new.

I vacuumed out some leaves and left overs of a rats nest that was around the pmd.

Pulled the valve cover off as well... Still looking good in my opinion.

I finally had some free time to go to my local junkyard where he has a lot of squares but normally charges out the roof prices.

He has a crap ton of transfer cases, I went digging. I think I may have even struck a deal with him to trade a 32 spline tcase for one I had spare from ls swap from a 2001 Silverado. However, I want to make sure I get the right t case, apart from looking at the tag and the normal identifiers I am not sure how to be 100% sure they are for a square. I found several 32 spline 208's and 32 spline 241. Of course I would prefer the 241 b/c of electronic speedo but how do I know 100% sure that it is passenger side drop and will work? Also I noticed a lot of the "hubs" that the drive shaft would bolt to vary, I saw some with a spot for u bolts, some with a 4 bolt circle pattern and some that looked like could be 6 bolt pattern. I go back on Friday to make a deal.

I also found me some pedals that I have to go back and pull. Hydroboost and Hydraulic clutch.

Another thing I need to figure out is drive shafts. Front and rear. I had the Th400 where it used the u bolts to bolt to the rear of trans, now I will have a slip yolk as far as rear driveshaft is concerned. I will need to modify and shorten it anyways. I would love to get rid of the 2 piece, I swear I saw someone was able to use some ford driveshaft or something at one point.

As far as front driveshaft, how many different types are there? Are they specific for the Dana 60 or will one for Dana 44 work? This is one I have that looks like it would bolt to the 208 or 241 tcase, I swear they used to extend a bit longer than in the pic though.

Oh yeah, bad news $ wise... I got a call from machine shop the day I was supposed to pick up my LS1 telling me it will need to be bored.. There goes an extra $600 probably. I did pull the trans am out the shop and clean it though in preparation to be hauled to my buddies.
2010 CTS V- The "NastyBuzzard"
1979 Trans Am - Eventually getting 6.0/T56 swap with boost
NastyBuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote