View Single Post
Old 01-09-2021, 08:55 PM   #3
Beach-Burban

Re: Paint Scheme Opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBe68 View Post
Great idea to keep the two tone - IMO that is the best look in any combination!

On the inner fenders - I know you saw my unexpected painted inner fenders issue. If I had it to do over I would have kept them matt black, because I never intended for this to be a show quality job. And as we all know these old engine bays can become a Jackson Pollock painting of oil and antifreeze quickly! We have 4 boys and do a ton in this Burb. It has been from one coast to the other and many States in between, so I am questioning having the painted inners, but am going to keep them that way.

Having said all that - it will come down to how you really feel about it!
Good luck!
Thanks for the input WannaBe68...Like you, I'm not looking for a "show quality" paint job, but I won't complain if mine comes out as good as yours. I have participated in a few car shows with the Burb looking as it does now (it looks good from 50 feet away and photographs real well) and people like to reminisce about taking trips with their families when these vehicles were much newer! I am looking forward to having "nice" paint and clear coat, but I kind of want to retain that "non-show-quality" appearance that I thought the satin clear coat would harken back to. Any thoughts on that?

Woody
Beach-Burban is offline   Reply With Quote