View Single Post
Old 04-11-2019, 07:55 PM   #101
'68OrangeSunshine

Re: I'm legit again, my "new" '68 LB

The White/Black 1966 AZ plate I'm saving for the '67 K/10 Suburban project. It's old name was "White Fang" because with 454 it had a big dog's appetite. Next engine won't be a BBC. Not sure -- maybe a 292, 383 or go Diesel. New project name is gonna be the
''Outlaw Josey Whale''. JSY 513, get it? With the YOM plate I can get it insured as a a collector car and skip emissions testing.
I agree BBQ-ing w/charcoal is superior to propane. But like to grill a steak or burgers on my tailgate with a propane grill. Also, if I have to get up early for work, I can't spend the time starting a charcoal chimney. I only have one gasser running, a portable Sunbeam classic aluminum body one burner, 17 x 11 x 9. I have a bigger Sunbeam 2-burner my Mom got me for a birthday, I need to fettle. I have the parts and the right green hi-temp paint. I have a couple of Weber Genesis units, [both free from neighbors\ that need rebuilds. A buddy gave me a 3-burner Brinkman, but since Brinkman folded, I'm gonna find a thick steel or iron plate for the bottom, detach the gas plumbing, and convert it to a coal burner. Chimney is a good idea.
I have a 22.5'' black Weber, a 14'' Weber Li' Smokey Joe [$2.99 at Goodwill], A Brinkman Grill'N'Smoke, and a big Char-Griller with the side firebox.
I really enjoy kicking back, with a cold one, waiting for the coals to get hot.
Coincidently, Friday night, I planked a fillet of red sockeye on my little Sunbeam, using mesquite charcoal dust from the bottom of an El Diablo bag to add smoke to the cook.
I have more grills than Chevy trucks.

Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292, whether it needs it or not.

Last edited by '68OrangeSunshine; 04-11-2019 at 08:06 PM.
'68OrangeSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote