View Single Post
Old 10-04-2020, 09:09 PM   #128
'68OrangeSunshine

Re: I'm legit again, my "new" '68 LB

Yeah. If you're 8 months pregnant and sliding under the truck on a creeper, and a Heater Control happens to fall off the bench and strike you in the abdomen, then yeah...It could happen. Cancer? I dunno. Might have to boil a dozen of them in a big cauldron and make soup out of it every week, to get any carcinogenious[sp?] effect.

Might be a tougher world if more moms-to-be changed their own oil.

TPD cops stopped me in the Jimmy a few years ago, allegedly for not having an illuminated license plate. Fer Christ's Sake! It's bright lemon yellow and scotchbrite reflective. Shouldn't need a light. Actually the Sgt explained it was Training Night, and he wanted a ''safe, non-threatening'' situation where his Policewoman trainee wouldn't likely be in danger, so she could have practical experience with a vehicle stop. A '71 GMC Jimmy looked easy. I think they had not been briefed on the then-new, YOM plates. I didn't get a ticket or even a verbal warning, just a briefing by the Sgt, with an apology, and a request to evaluate his student's technique.
I then tried to fix the License Plate Lamp. Wire was open. Spliced it. No joy. Bulb was out. Replaced it. Still dead. Ran a ground strap from the rear frame to the back bumper. Still no joy. I decided to forget about it. Next night, it worked fine. Go figure.

On the pickup: the rear bumper has been so scrunched up by impacts over a hard life, that when I had it straightend out, and hung a Class III hitch, there wasn't enough vertical space to fit the plate. So I pulled the Light assembly -- like it was never there. The AZ plate is mounted top-end-flush on the passenger side of the rear bumper. Cops never seem interested in it.
Attached Images

Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292, whether it needs it or not.

Last edited by '68OrangeSunshine; 10-04-2020 at 09:24 PM.
'68OrangeSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote