View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 02:47 PM   #104
1971_c10

Re: C10CJ: A Pro-touring '71 Stepside on a No Limit Pro-C10 Chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod1 View Post
Hey Chris

Your build is coming along nicely. Like the new headers.

What horsepower are you running and what size fuel line? Are you running a fuel filter somewhere? Is it possible to see a picture of the fuel line termination in the rear and maybe your fuel filter setup?
Thanks!

On HP, the config of the engine I'm running (418 cu in) dynos at 621 HP at sea level. I'm up at 5400 ft so I expect it to be around 520 or so using simple formulas that don't account for the engine setup in any way.

I am planning to run a fuel filter. I'll actually have 2 in the system, a 100 micron pre-filter on the pump in the tank and a 10 micron post filter somewhere. I still need to decide on the mounting. The filter is rather large because it is rated for plenty of flow. I am running 3/8" hard line and -6 flex line. The 3/8" lines are plenty for a high pressure EFI application and could easily support over 1000 HP. It's the pump that makes the big difference and the fact it's a 58 psi system vs a 7-13 psi system. My estimated psi loss is right around a touch more than 1 psi so not much on 58 psi but huge on a carb'd setup running say 8 psi. Hence why it's best to run the regulator as close to the fuel delivery system as possible, since the pump will "compensate" for the pressure loss. If the regulator is right at the tank and fixed at say 58 psi, then the injectors could very well only see 56-57 psi. Depends on the injector whether that matters or not. Most likely not for a street car. Race car different story.

Here's a shot of the rear line setup a took awhile back when I had the tank still in the chassis and went ahead and made those lines. I have yet to mount the filter. Where I want to mount the filter requires $300 in tools since I don't have a 37 deg flare setup and I've only found one that looks worth while (The Eastwood bench mount turret style one). But I do have a shot of the filter and regulator in a previous post (ignore the Option 1 as I'm just linking straight to that photo from that post).

Here's where I want to put the filter. Basically redo the junction there and insert the filter. But I don't want a bunch of flex line down there so I was going to just bend the hard line and put some fittings on to go direct to the filter. I currently have AN fittings, but I need to see if there are some other options since the filter just has a -8 o-ring thread on the ends.

Name:  IMG_2372.jpg
Views: 2560
Size:  61.4 KB

And here is the shot of the rear fuel line termination. Rob did his slightly different on 'Goldie' which he's building right now for himself, but otherwise the same.

Name:  IMG_2018.jpg
Views: 1516
Size:  38.1 KB

Build Thread for my '71 Pro-Touring: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=722029
My C10 has it's own facebook page! www.facebook.com/c10cj - it is a public page so no facebook account required to browse through.
1971_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote