View Single Post
Old 01-23-2021, 02:48 AM   #1
MAC71Cheyenne

Aux fuel tanks keep them or no?

So my '71 has/had the two tanks. The 3 way valve was shot but its still available, lines were junk vinyl make do. I dropped them today to make sure the tanks themselves were solid and worth cleaning up. Fill necks and caps are good. There is nothing on the spid so I'm thinking maybe dealer installed?
The original owner bought this thing to haul a trailer but the second owner removed the fill doors from both sides of the box and pop riveted sheet over the bedside opening, not doing a great job. If anyone has aux bedside tanks...yah think it is worth the trouble to reinstall the tanks and find replacement fill doors that are "correct" and don't look like Lurch's body shop installed doggie doors? Maybe late '70s early '80s door assemblies! The tank neck fill is straight up 4 inch with the cap screwed on, wouldn't need the door and fill guts..just the doors. I dont really care about last chance for gas but the screwed up bed sides are making me crazy(er). Both mounts and door were just back of the cab. Thoughts and opinions guys?
Attached Images

Last edited by MAC71Cheyenne; 01-23-2021 at 03:13 AM.
MAC71Cheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote