View Single Post
Old 10-01-2023, 12:04 AM   #98
NoNeck

Re: Another one underway! Meet project Savannah

More progress this week...

We installed a Frostbite Aluminum Radiator that comes complete with Cooling Fans. These are made specifically to fit the '67-72 trucks and fit really nice. We are still looking for some trick upper brackets that work. We tried new 4-row upper brackets, but they don't fit very well.

We worked on the Radiator Hoses to get the best fit possible. For the lower hose we used a Gates 22437. We had to trim the end that slips over the radiator outlet as shown in the photo. I can get a measurement if that helps anyone. It looks factory on there.

For the Upper Hose my buddy at O'Reileys let me take my wire template behind the counter and look through all of his hoses. The closest hose that I could find is a Gates 22047 which is for a '94'97 Ranger 4 Cylinder upper hose. At the radiator inlet you have to twist the hose just slightly to get the right angle. We had to cut about 1" off of the end going to the water pump. It might need to be cut a little more but we want to wait until the final radiator brackets are on.

Just a little at a time...

POP
Attached Images

If it costs you a dollar to make a friend, KEEP THE DOLLAR.
If it costs you a friend to make a dollar, KEEP THE FRIEND.
NoNeck is offline   Reply With Quote