View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 05:29 AM   #18
Operatorfailure

Re: Finally a c10 owner, now the "fun" begins...

I figured out my gauge cluster, it was a little misunderstanding of the wiring list. I was using a post that TchncnDen put up (thanks man) and pin B5 says " B5---ppl/wht----fused ignition feed" and it actually just needs to be hot only when the starter is engaged, I had it hot at all times when key was in run. Cut that wire, and it is all good to go, except my fuel gauge but that is a separate problem. I have the third member out welding it up, since I spin everytime I look at the gas pedal now. (I know most people are 100% against welding up rear ends, but I have had great luck with it in the past and will run it until it breaks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TchncnDen View Post
Between my crappy camera and limited space it's hard to get a good picture, but these are a little better. I think I am going to redo my plexiglass face and bring the mask in a little tighter, but other than that I'm very happy with these. Here is a pinout on how to wire them up.

Pin color use
A1-2-not used
A3---pink------fused ignition feed
A4---not used
A5---tan/wht--brake warning indicator lamp input NOT USED
A6-7-not used
A8---brwn/wht-SES light
A9---not used
A10--orn-------fused battery feed
A11--not used
A12--lt blu------left turn input
A13--ppl/wht---seat belt indicator NOT USED
A14-16-not used
A17--lt grn------high beam indicator

B1---brn--------park lamp feed
B2---not used
B3---gry--------security indicator input
B4---not used
B5---ppl/wht----fused ignition feed
B6---gry--------Class 2 Serial Data ***********
B7---orn/blk-----rear compartment lid ajar indicator NOT USED
B8---dk grn/wht--vehicle speed signal
B9---gry---------instrument cluster lamp feed
B10--dk blu------right turn indicator input
B11--blk----ground
B12-13--not used
B14--tan---------oil pressure gauge input
B15--blk wht------ground
B16-17- not used

I unplugged the ribbon cable to the message center otherwise the security light will always flash when on. The oil pressure switch is different for 99-02 and 03-06 so you have to use the switch of the same year as the cluster. The 03-06 gets its oil pressure from the PCM and the 99-02 is wired direct as above.
Operatorfailure is offline   Reply With Quote