View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 12:41 PM   #16
LiLDrumKing3

Re: 65 c10 stepside build

Quote:
Welcome. I like what you're doing with your truck and particularly fillilng the hood seam. Curious, are you going to fill the seam in the front fender as well?

I'm not running a serpentine system, but I am using Alan Grove brackets and see that he also offers a serpentine setup. They're not particularly pretty like the fancy billet styles, but they look much better than factory brackets and fit perfectly, and are much less expensive than polished billet .

http://www.alangrovecomponents.com/S...Serpentine.htm
I haven't decided yet on filling the fender seam. Really, I hadn't even thought about it till I saw done on this forum.

Thanks for the suggestion about the brackets. I'll more than likely fabricate my own, when I get the truck back to my old highschool's auto paint and body shop. I'm a little tight on money right now so I'll just make some brackets where I have access to nice tools and a nice big shop with A/C.

I know yall like pictures so here is some more of what I've done, and some of the interior. Sorry the pictures are so small.

This is what I most recently finished. I'm completely smoothing the tops of the bed rails.

I did this awhile back. My gas tank was leaking inside the cab and soaked everything in there with gas, so I put this one out back, but the gas cap was directly under that bed support. This is what I came up with.

When i was replacing the passenger side cab corner. I saw the rust had eaten it's way into the floor, so I had to rebuild that whole corner.

Cut off the brackets for the interior gas tank. These will be hidden by a custom subwoofer box that will mold into the back of the cab.

Thought you might like to see what the interior looked like.
LiLDrumKing3 is offline   Reply With Quote