View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 01:15 AM   #33
mosesburb
I had a V-8

Re: Berthas Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfairchild19 View Post
Thanks for that info rooster!

That is definitely a possibility at this point. That would probably be the easiest way out.
Keep in mind if you go this route that you must use AN line with a teflon liner as the standard silicone/rubber liner will not withstand the max pressure for very long. Using standard silicone/rubber lined hose is fine on the return side, but not the pressure side. It will work on the pressure side for awhile, but not for the long haul. The teflon lined hose requires the high dollar (in comparison to standard AN hose) fittings with the ferrule that has to be inserted between the liner and the braided stainless. Like a thousand little pins draining the blood from your fingers, one tiny hole at a time.

Definitely a viable possibility. With all the crap I went through on mine getting hoses to work, I probably should have done this myself. I guess I chose that moment in the project to save a few bucks. Go figure.