View Single Post
Old 03-07-2020, 12:17 PM   #19
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Re: Anybody want a free manual transmission?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
I haven't scrapped any truck parts, yet. I have a set of the camper mirror brackets (white, no mirror heads) that I tried to give away, but I got no takers.
I don't like to scrap anything. I have a friend that owns a thrift store and I give him stuff. That way it finds a new home and maybe he can make a couple of bucks. It beats just throwing it out. I gave him a table because my ex wife had bought it and I couldn't stand looking at it anymore. If I needed a reminder of her I could just look at my bank account.

I had a beach cruiser that my wife never rode. I put it on CL for free and got nothing. But somehow I had put my address in the ad and one day a young couple showed up out of the blue and asked if I still had the bike.

Turns out they were just up at the lake and thought they'd give it a shot. The guy was telling me that he was going to fix it up for his daughter. They were thrilled to get it. It made me feel good. They were nice and I was glad to see it go.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote