View Single Post
Old 09-04-2022, 12:52 AM   #161
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Unhappy Re: HG's Bigass Farm Truck

I really haven't been using this truck much this summer. But today it got some miles, about 350 of them. I loaded up my sons motorcycle, 83 Kawasaki KZ750, which a friend of mine is buying. Before I hit the road I decided to swap in the Ford seat. I really didn't want 6 hours on the original seat. Just doesn't have much support. The new one has much more foam and fold down arm rest.

And since I was working on that I figured I had time to put some of the dash together. I've been driving it for over a year with just the gauge cluster held in with a couple screws. Now it almost looks complete!

Checked the fluids last night and the rear section of master cylinder was empty. Well not completely empty, there was sludge and rust in it. I wiped it out and added fluid. It's yucky but I have brakes yet. I don't know how but I do. There's a leak on the hydroboost that I need to take care of them the system needs a flush at a minimum. Everything needs inspected and evaluated though.

No problems on the trip north. The other reason for going up was to borrow his scaffolding for the roofing job I'm doing this week. On my way home I started having a problem with the engine stalling when I stopped. A couple times after re-start I couldn't give it any throttle without it acting like it was either flooding or starving for fuel. I solved the problem for the rest of the trip by shifting into neutral when I had to stop. No problem cruising along.

Right before heading home he asked if there were two posts on the front of the seat. There is, he went back in the garage and came back with a Ford factory cup holder that mounts on the posts!
Attached Images

hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote