View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 10:34 PM   #67
sfont66

Re: 72 C10 for my 25th wedding anniversary

Update.
It’s above average temps this week, today it was 43 degrees,comfortable enough to work in the unheated portion of the shop. I had the day off work, and took the opportunity to remove the front clip as one piece, with the engine crane.
I then removed the box as well. Within the next week I hope to pull the damaged engine,along with the transmission, and then remove the cab. At that point I will move the frame into the heated part of the shop and begin to section the frame, converting it from Lwb to Swb.
I picked up a 2006 5.3 all aluminum l33 a couple of weeks ago, I had wanted to go with a Ls3, but they just haven’t come down in price enough yet, and I can’t justify the expense quite yet. I am new to a Ls swap, so any tips or advice is welcome. Plans for now are to install a Tko 5 speed or if budget allows, a 6 speed T56 magnum. More to come....
Attached Images