View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 10:55 PM   #1
rechinca

71 C10 LB: Code Name Sloth

I like the idea of the build threads as it makes it easier to track what we all do when we set course on our builds. Plus we can link in our questions/issues from other sections of the board. I have been on it since July last year and figured it was time to get started my build documentation. I call him the Sloth because it’s not going to be a high performance crazy build (at this point) and it’s not going to be completed in a quick fashion.

Back story, I Gee up with these trucks and always wanted one. Six years ago my neighbor beat me to this exact truck and I have had to watch it just sit there as he sparingly used it to rehab a house. July last year he gave me first crack at it as he promised.

1971 C10, 350/3 OTT, Orange/White. Original engine/trans were gone replaced with engine/trans from a 72 Chevelle. No idea on the condition or specs other than it ran pretty decent and had Edelbrock intake and carb, but the rest was stock down to original truck ram horn manifolds and single exhaust. It had a new clutch, recovered seat, converted to power brakes, and a rebuilt column. Horrible decision by previous owner to rattle can it black and it needs some tin work. RH side needs rockers, cab corner, and both sides need a small section of kick panel replaced. Not a lot of work in size but it’ll give me a chance to learn to MIG.

A lot of work has been done with a lot to go. I will try and update with pics and links to my questions/other threads. Building a solid daily driver as time and funds permit. Not in a hurry, not paying someone else to build my truck, don’t have unlimited funds, it gets stuff done as time/money permits and my back can handle. Being medically retired with screw and rods in the back some days limit my ability to do certain items and part time work to supplement my build funds. That and is being done on a slopes driveway while my 80 Trans Am in the garage in pieces...already scolded on that one. So here it goes.
Attached Images