View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 03:50 AM   #10
VA72C10
VA72C10

Re: Please help with my build

Check ebay and of course the parts board here for deals on the parts. Take the power steering pump and brackets off the engine of the 4x4 as well as the booster w/ bracket/master/prop valve and then take everything else off with value body wise and small part wise before scrapping it. Sell the ps gearbox as a 4x4 of course...
Any pictures you can post will help as we can spot things of value for you to sell to pay for your needed parts.
You most likely will make a lot more parting then scrapping the long stepper also. Piece by piece pays more than a whole truck unfortunately...

In the same regard....consider finding a project or complete frame with parts since you're not tied to a particular truck yet....lwb frames don't hold much value...I have one that's got a sway bar and all new wheel cylinders and new brakes (4 wheel drums though) and some new brake lines and can't sell it for 500 including wheels/tires (even though the brake work receipts alone are over 500)
Sold a 5 lug frame with disc front (and a sway bar) for 250 because I was out of room and needed it gone...so deals are definitely out there...