View Single Post
Old 03-29-2021, 11:51 AM   #23
Xavier

Re: In-cab to under-bed fuel tank conversion questions

Thanks for the advice, gents.

I went ahead and got a Boyd's tank, mostly because other options were on backorder until June.

Are straps a necessity with a tank? Would it be sufficient to just bolt it to the frame or are straps required in addition? I ask because Boyd doesn't supply them and their "mounting kit" is just a bar of flat stock with some threaded holes to put in the frame rail to bolt into.

Also a quick question regarding fittings. The Sniper comes with 6AN fittings whereas the Holley drop in pump has 1/4 NPT threaded holes. I already bought a 37° flare tool and plan on running some stainless supply and return lines but my question is about the fittings. Obviously I will need a fitting at either end of my hard line. I want to use flexible line at either end for the connection to the pump/efi. Do they come pre-terminated? Do I need 1/4" NPT to 6AN adapters for the pump or is that something that would be part of the flex line?

I've personally never used an AN fitting so I have no experience with them but I figure it's used in high-end builds all of the time so it must be good and I didn't own any flare tools up to this point.
Xavier is offline   Reply With Quote