View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 01:04 PM   #5
Super73

Re: Intros and set up..

Thanks for the comments..

Agreed there could be some gearing changes. Right now I'm going through the traps at 6k rpm in thrid, but reving the motor to 7,400. Tire is a 26" tall 275. It dead hooks right now at the track with the 3,200 stall. Before I do gears, I have a 4,200 stall coming and switching to 315/60/15 (30" tall tire). I feel upping the verter right now will really help it out of the hole.

I know if it shifts in to thrird like this I'll be even lower. So what I'm going to try is running it out first and second then locking the converter about 6,800. This should put me back down around 5,900-6k and allow me to cross the traps at 7,000ish at 112mph. Basically keeping second in the power band longer and using the lock up as a third gear.

I'm also making new brackets to adjust the height of the front mount on the rear control arm. By my figuring, the truck has about 80% anti-squat. Thats why it's squating in the rear. If I raise the front eye, it will increase the AS and lift the rear frame and pushing the tires in to the ground harder. I also changed some front stuff around to get more travel and store more energy (springs, removed upper bump stop). Sits a little lower than it did before..

From the dyno above, you can see where I added power with a little more tuning and an underdrive pulley.

The next time to the trackwill have the bottle on it. It'll be a 100 shot out of the hole and a 200 will hit once shifted in to second. I will be using my HPtuners cable to basically make a 2 stage. If everything works out ok, I might bring both stages in halfway through second.

I'm hoping with all the changes it goes 11.80-90 on the motor. Shooting for 10.80's on the unit.

Shaun
Super73 is offline   Reply With Quote