Thread: 74' by Jabes...
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 05:58 PM   #1
Jabes1

74' by Jabes...

I've had this truck since I was 16 years old and at this present time I'm 32. The truck was purchased initially for $975 out of the Autotrader, barely running, but at 16 its all I could afford. With the help of my Father we got it running decently. The truck was rough, had bailing wire holding the radiator to the core support, transmission slipped... should have saved up more cash and bought a better truck, plain and simple.

I don't have a lot of pictures of its initial stages, just a yearbook picture of it with my Brother in law, which I'll have to look for. I built it several times each for different purposes. First stage was chasing tail in highschool with basic bolt ons, second street strip with Weiand 144 supercharger, third was air suspension which honestly didn't last long to even be considered a stage and currently its being built to be a driver. Pictures to come...

Drag racing at LACR right before its doors closed. Never got to run it with the blower.

As it sat for some time while I was in the Marine Corps.

Only picture I can find of the blower motor at the time. I never could get it to run right with the TBI and blower, was using 4di at the time. :/
Jabes1 is offline   Reply With Quote