View Single Post
Old 08-09-2021, 06:08 AM   #394
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s English 2001 S10 Extra Cab 4.3 V6 Truck

So the welder died.

I thought I would check the contacts in thengun but all seems fine.

So next step, when I am in the mood (needs to be sooner than later) is to remove all the covers and check out the circuit boars for melt down, or loose connections.

If that fails to expose a fault, it will be off to a local repair place to see if cash can fix it.

While on the theme of welding, I decided to unpack the welding caravan, and move my tools and hardware into a cabinet.

Thus consigning the caravan to the surplus pile and FB Marketplace for £50.00

Over 40 messages, a bunch of super dumb questions, an offer to gazump the first guy who was headed over to look at it for £75.00 later, it was gone by Sunday 13.00

Sally swept the space it had taken up the last two years and I mentioned that it meant there was space for another car…….. she was not amused.

A really useful tool it turned out to be. Next life is a Snug for a 16 year old kid.

Sunday in-between all the messages bouncing around about the caravan, Sally had asked me to make more bird nesting boxes, and as she is never shy when it comes to helping me with car or garage duties, it was an easy yes. After all, they won’t go away. And people (her friends) have gone mad for them.

So I cut all the wood to size, angles for the roofs etc, and made her drill the holes and screw them together. With some squeaking and squealing she got on with it.

One cheap teapot short.

I have two Blue tit nests that have had families every year since I moved here 10 years ago.

But I decided to add one more to the wooden archway I previously put up.

My mum was a tea drinker, making her tea with loose tea leaves and always in one of these aluminium teapots that eventually sported a wooden handle and knob that my dad had made for her.

Using a license plate as a weather shield and an offcut as a cap over the entrance hole.

Today is Sally’s Birthday so I have committed the day to her.

But further plans for my week include a bit of gokart messing.

And if I can get onto it, I wanted to see if I could disconnect steering, dash connections and body from the chassis of the Rezin Rockit.

If I can get that done this week, I will chuffed to bits.

Rain is not allowing any outside play right now anyway.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote