View Single Post
Old 06-16-2021, 07:04 AM   #810
regan wilson

Re: Ok Boys and Girls it's Storytime

I had fun making them. I started with an old can of light blue spray paint on the 2x4's. I found two old rusty over the door coat hooks. I cut the hooks off and beat the over the door u shaped part flat. I drilled two holes in the flat part then welded them to the tubing pieces. I decided it needed more color so it got some Blue Truck blue spray bomb paint. Then i decided that was too much blue and spay bombed some black. When that dried I roughed in a chrome silver Pactra model paint stripe. I was just going to write something on the bottom but I just signed and dated it (Thanks, Regan 5-14-21). They were snowballing into such Masterpieces I decided to drop by the trophy shop for some fancy plates for the front of them. When I gave them to my friends it was hilarious. The one that did all the welding just kept looking down and saying that's cool. I told them my Ol Lady said hey would just throw it away. They said hell no this is going on my shelf. When the welder was working on it at the track someone said this needs to be on YouTube. He said oh no I don't want my name associated with this mess. I told him he owns it know. In the end it was just a way to show my appreciation.