View Single Post
Old 08-10-2022, 06:01 PM   #1542
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Over 25 Years Later, Finally My 71 C-10 Truck Build

I was wrong about the torque converter lock up working. But I fixed it today. The new brake switch was working for the brake light but not the other one. I couldn't adjust it any further so I had put a spring clip on the tab that contacts the push pin on the switch to get it working. Test drive this time you could definitely feel it and the rpm dropped further. Mine is wired to lock up in OD only and will drop off with a vacuum switch under acceleration or hitting the brakes. Going into town I had to downshift to 3rd or it drug the engine down too much.

I also installed a throttle return spring because it was hanging up a little. The tranny was hunting a bit with the vacuum switch I think. Still shifting really soft so I'll bring it to the builder so he can check line pressure. I'll probably be swapping rear gears to a 3.73 at some point. Cruising rpm at 1500 is a bit low for this engine.

It's really getting pretty good though. Overall it's putting a smile on my face more than the scowl of wondering WTF it was just days ago.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote